Sunday, April 25, 2010

Rafi -repairs update

It has arrived!
The beeep beep beeeeeep of the postman's motorbike heralded the arrival of a parcel at Pippiwillow HQ last week.

After much agonising over which colour to choose to re-create 'Rafi' - I had to choose two.

The beautiful hand dyed wool felt that Trudi at Me & Ewe makes and sells is just so lovely, I really couldn't choose just one colour so, I chose two. I am quite proud that I could stop at two...for now.

These are the colours that I have chosen.

A gorgeous camel-esque colour and a rusty colour. I may dry/needle felt the spots on or I may not. I will have to see how they look once they 'come to life'.

So, now as the weather is cooler and the night comes earlier I feel my creative 'mojo' (?'sewjo') starting to bubble beneath the surface.

As I now have two colours for Rafi - I will make a family of them and give the small boy a great surprise - he really misses his Rafi.

Does anyone else become more 'in the mood' to sew and create when the weather turns? What do you create? Are you of the sewing machine persuasion? or perhaps a knitter?

I end up with so many projects on the go I often have half finished creations and bigger plans for more before I've finished the first one.

Cheers.

11 comments:

Kate said...

That felt looks lovely, can't wait to see the Rafi family. You inspired me to experiment with a bit of machine felting the other day. Nothing finished to show yet but so far so good.

Copper Patch said...

I'm excited for Rafi the Second and the family to be.
I always start lots of new things but don't seem to end up doing binding til summer so I sweat it up. Silly me!

Unknown said...

Oh my those colours are so lovely !

Beck said...

Oooh, a whole family?! How fun. Yes, I think the cooler weather makes me feel like making more, I've even been toying with knitting something, which I can't really, but I could try! Hope to see you soon, keep warm xo

Karen said...

That sounds exactly like me -cooler weather means less time outdoors and more indoor play which means I can sometimes sneak in a little more sewing while the girls play libraries, or fairies or indoor netball (a greatly modified version I must add)!!
Love the felt - I hope Rafi is done soon.

Fippa said...

Poor old Rafi...funny how the most loved toys end up looking like they have been in a war zone. My niece (2) has a torso and head of a teddy. No limbs left at all. Have fun with the felt.

Kylie said...

oh I love the felt, I noticed a few steiner inspired toys. I helped run the stiener playgroup in bendigo a few years ago, just love making toys. or anything really.

mel @ loved handmade said...

Looking forward to seeing your rafi family! This weather is all about crochet for me at the moment, I'm a novice sewer & at this time of year it all just seems too hard!
Thanks for popping over to visit my blog...

Unknown said...

I always have too many projects going on at the same time. But I love it! I'm still sewing a quilt I started 8 years ago and have lots of 'almost finished projects' waiting in line. Ihand sew everything...well that's my excuse anyway!

Unknown said...

beautiful colour choices... so autumnal. loking forward to seeing rafi. xo m.

Zane Wooder said...

I find when it's sunny my motivation for sewing is highest. This is probably to do with the benefits of sunlight in terms of giving us energy.

-Zane of ontario honey